Monday, August 1, 2011

Arise, Ye Punt Returners

There's not necessarily too much to say about this one. My piece in this week's issue of New York Magazine isn't the first time I've written about NFL semioto-economic weirdness or its plutocratic creepery -- not by a longshot, actually, or even the first time in the last seven days. But this is the first time I've written about it for New York Magazine, and it's the first time I've tied it into the NBA lockout and written about it at an economic length and honestly this whole "it needs to be the first time" thing of yours is weird. I like the piece. Just go with it for once, okay? Thanks. Jeez. Like pulling teeth with you sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Buster Rhymes you were one of my childhood favorites! You really could return the shit out of a punt. Too bad you also liked smoking crack and stealing cars (while somebody was already inside it). :(

    ReplyDelete