Friday, July 9, 2010

Memphis Bleak

So, figure I wrote probably 15 cards for Shawne Williams, and then one long blog post, and now a slightly longer essay adapted from said blog post in which he's the effective protagonist. I'm not really hunting for more writing work at the moment, but I think it's fair to say that if Shawne Williams is looking for a biographer, I'd probably have to be on the list.

Luckily for me, I imagine that's fairly low on the guy's list at the moment, what with the lean-related indictment and the Orlando Summer League and the Vegas Summer League and such. But if the essay that just went up at The Awl is the last thing I ever write about Shawne Williams, I can at least say that I went out on a pretty okay note. As ever, it was a pleasure to work with them, and I'm pretty happy with the way the piece turned out. It's pretty long, and drifts and loops a bit (although less so given the gentle-but-helpful edit it received) and of course it will seem pretty familiar to those who struggled through last weekend's blog post on essentially the same topic. But, yeah: this website's ostensible purpose, besides the Puppy Vids, is for me to big up stuff like this. So I'll stop giving you reasons not to read it, and let you get on to doing so, if you're so inclined.

Oh, and my 500-page speculative nonfiction book about Shelden Williams comes out in September. Do that pre-order work!

No comments:

Post a Comment